Our website is based on React, but our system is much more interesting than that. Like many, we use the Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure - but without running any EC2 or RDS instances that could possibly crash or get stuck. We built an entirely serverless product.
How does that work?
- Published content is delivered from a flat file system in AWS S3, with Cloudfront as a CDN.
- The website and API are entirely decoupled from the delivery of the personalizations to your website - your site still works even if there is some enormous disaster.
- That said, even the management infrastructure will not go down - simply because it has no running instances, but is built with the AWS API Gateway and AWS Lambda functions only.
- Your drafts and account data are not stored in a dedicated RDS instance, but captured in DynamoDB, using top-notch security procedures.
- You can use your Google account to log in. Under the hood, it's all AWS IAM rules that protect your identity.
You can read a more detailed explanation of our serverless architecture on our blog.