Does your conversion rate change with weather? Do you sell more of a certain product when the temperature goes up? Event, travel, catering, and fashion businesses can typically benefit from weather-dependent personalizations.
Ideas for weather-based audiences:
- Do you run an event promotion platform? To increase last-minute purchases, push festivals on sunny days and position indoor events more prominently on rainy ones. You can expect a conversion increase of 8-12% from this.
- Many restaurants and bars offer weather-based discounts on their menu. Take it one step further and display special offers directly on the website. This will attract regular customers and it works great in combination with a social media campaign.
- In fashion, impulse buying accounts for 40% of all purchasing decisions. Needless to say, weather-based discounts can strongly influence this number. Is it rainy in the UK? Show a 20% discount on your rain jackets for British customers. Most likely you'll not just see more raincoat sales but an overall increase in purchase value.
Targeting options for weather-based audiences:
- Current Weather: For this, we use a weather API that provides us with information about the current weather conditions based on a user's location. The API accesses weather data for over 200,000 cities and is frequently updated based on global models and data from more than 40,000 weather station.Using it, you can choose from a range of weather conditions - from clear day (= sunny) to snow.
- Temperature: Type in the temperature you want to assign to trigger a specific variation. Remember: The scale is in Fahrenheit.
With the above conditions we will target regions where it is currently snowing and it is cold enough for the snow to settle.